Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Think My Baby Is Gifted..

and I'm not kidding!

At ten months old, she is walking..
not only is she walking (which can happen this early) but she is also TALKING!
Her vocabulary includes (but is far from limited to); This, That, Yes, No, Mine, Mama, Nana, Up, Trista (my friend's name), Kenzie (her auntie's name), Hi, Sit..
Then she has begun to speak sentences. Yes, you read that right..
She told my mom "I did it" when she asked why something was on the floor.. then again for another thing.. and another..
We assumed it was a coincidence..
until she started telling me " I did it" over and over when she did things..
Then when my sister asked my mom if she did something, Ashlynn spent 10 minutes at least shrieking "I did it".

Then bath time. I always tell her to sit down, sit on her butt, etc..
so one day she looked at herself sitting in the tub and said "Sit"
So I replied "You're sitting?"
She grinned..and said "I sit!"
YIKES!

Last night she ran around the room with a pen she had found, informing me "I have it!"

This, to be clear, is not typical of a ten month old..
or a one year old..
Most one year olds should know a couple words at most.

A few minutes ago, she shocked me by taking my phone and moving it like you would a toy plane in the air..
followed by little raspberry sounds, like a plane would make..
Honestly, I don't know where THAT came from.
It's quite possible she did it to mimic the sound my phone makes when it vibrates, since I had made the sound at her and explained it 10 minutes before in response to her "That?" question when my phone vibrated.
But I'm almost positive she shouldn't have that type of memory.. LOL

I'll continue this later!


... Okay I'm back!
Sorry about that.. had to run out and grab some dinner.
Anyway..
When she was younger (as in 3-7 months old or so) she was somewhat behind.. Around 6 or 7 months she learned "This", followed by "That", but she didn't roll until 3 months (when she didn though, it was both ways. Her first roll was back to belly), didn't sit up until 5 months (I believe), didn't crawl until 7 months.
She did smile at 4 weeks though..and cruised around 6 or 7 months.
I had a feeling she was a little..special? When I'd ask "Does your baby do this?" on my board, Justmommies, and a majority said No, their baby doesn't do that yet and neither should mine.
It all started when she was a month or a month and a half old and started to get excited about baby einstein videos for 8+ minutes at a time. She watched it, kicking and flailing excitedly, almost every morning. A 8 minute long clip on youtube, just so I had those 8 minutes to slowly wake up from my grumpy mommy sleep.
Now to figure out what to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment