Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas and Blizzard Insanity!!!

Christmas was..well..interesting, to say the least.
I spent Christmas eve finishing up the wrapping, then taped multiple lines of ribbon across our hallway with various things on it, including spoons and bells, to alert my parents if my sisters woke up early.
Then, of course, I had to tape cardboard on the cat door (goes from the basement to the main floor) to keep the cats from knocking it all down! NOT easy!
7 am and everyone was awake except myself and Miss Ashlynn, who wasn't too amused by the early wake up.
She didn't get the whole "open presents" concept, but did try.
She got a busy ball popper, books, snacks (up and up brand from target. I'm cheap! LOL), various outfits, more toys, etc. and was obsessed the most with a little electronic pig that walks and wiggles it's nose while snorting. She pressed her nose to the pig's snout and laughed over and over.
My sisters got a ton, too.. including squinkies. In case you don't know what they are, they're little plastic toys (http://www.dealwisemommy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/SquinkiesProductCollection.jpg) that are a horrible choke hazard for babies. They were banned from the living room for that reason, and I've still picked many up off the floor and even fished one from my 11-month-old's mouth!
We went to my stepdad's brother's house, where Ashlynn got more clothes and even a toy!
Then to my aunt's, where she got MORE clothes and MORE toys!
She got to show off her walking skills and everyone was in awe that she was already walking.
She didn't talk much, but she did utter a few "This" and "That"s
I got her to bed in record time (around 9),too!
Then came the snow..
The day after Christmas, we got snow..and lots of it.
Then yesterday morning around 5:30 AM, our power went out..and so did our heat!
Turns out, a tree had fallen on a power line on our street and the whole street was powerless.
So off to my grandmother's house we went (Over the river and through the woods...) to warm up around 4pm. We had a warm dinner and were going to stay the night, but I got a call from my best friend, who lives on our street, saying the power was back on.
We got home around 10pm, I got Ashlynn to bed and now our house is up 10 degrees.. from 53 to 63! It's almost warm!
It was quite a scare though, since I have two small birds (an English Budgie and a Cockatiel) who wouldn't have done well overnight in the cold. They are, thankfully, perfectly fine though.
Two of our cats are pretty old as well (one is around 12ish, the other around 14ish) and one of them, the older one, is pretty antisocial and wouldn't snuggle with anything, including us, if she had to. I was worried we'd lose her in the night.
We now have about a foot or so of snow, icy roads, and I have a craving for, sadly, fast food!
I officially hate snow!
Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment