Friday, October 29, 2010

The Rash is Healing!!!

So after two days of disposable diapers (*gag*) the rash has been deemed "Healing" and she's back in her cloth!
Her cloth has also undergone a HUGE wash/strip.
What did I do to them?
Here's roughly what was done (I may have forgotten a few washes.. oops!)
  • First, I got ALL the clean inserts for her dipes and boiled them with a generous amount of baking soda. The water turned YELLOW and bubbled.
  • I also washed all the dirty diapers, then boiled all THOSE inserts.
  • I ran a hot wash with all the inserts, diapers, etc. with a little detergent.
  • I ran a cold wash without detergent
  • I then let them soak overnight.
  • Then another cold wash (a little detergent)
  • THEN my RnG (Rockin' Green) arrived and I did a huge soak for 10 or so hours in warm water.
  • Then a cold wash, no detergent.
Then dried!

The inserts are still dingy, but I'm not concerned because I washed everything to death, so they're clean.

The rash stopped bleeding, so I ventured to put on a cloth diaper. Then another. And now we're going on diaper number 3!
She even pooped! No irritation :)
Hopefully we can put this behind us and the RnG keeps the diapers from getting build up.
I may do some soaking every couple weeks, just to be sure.
So we're finally in the clear and the sposies are done!
YAY cloth!

No comments:

Post a Comment