Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Diaper Stripping and Rashes!

My daughter has had a nasty little rash for a week or so..
It started as a puffy red bum, but quickly progressed to little sores.
There's two on her "Girly parts" and two or three small circles on her inner thigh, right on the diaper area. They have even bled when she poops.
So tomorrow is a sposie day :(
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate sposies? The chemical stink, the trash, the icky soggy feeling of a wet disposable..
Yuck!
I'm so used to cloth, which doesn't stink of chemicals, is light even when peed in, and no trash to throw out!
But I don't have any cloth-safe creams (Made a note to but some asap,though)
So tomorrow is a day full of naked baby time, heaps of diaper rash cream (A&D), and sposies to kill this rash.

What about the cloth diapers? Well, those are about to be cleaned to death!
I plan on boiling all the inserts (I use pocket diapers. Kawaii's and fuzzibunz, mainly), doing at least 3-4 cold washes, 1-2 hot washes, and using some vinegar for the slight stinkies.

I'm excited, though, because I ordered 5 samples (2 washes per sample) of Rockin' Green detergent, so the second it arrives, I'm going to be doing some overnight soaks!

By the way, I do NOT recommend All Free and Clear OR Tide Free and Clear for cloth.
That may be what started all this mess (Though I can't be sure!)

I had no problems using Crunchy Clean detergent, and I hope Rockin' Green is just as good.
Wish me luck!


Ps. I hate disposables.

1 comment:

  1. oh... don't stop using your cloth!!! Sposies are worse for rashes!!!! Rockin Green is going to Rock your world!!!!! Do HOT wash with rockin green.. make sure you double rinse though!!!!! That is HUGE!!!! Hope it goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete