Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Sickies.. SOLVED!

So last night Ashlynn spiked yet another fever of 104.. 104.3 to be exact.
An hour later it had only dropped .2 degrees..
.2!!!!
My mom and I wet her with a damp washcloth, and I even tried the bath (she FREAKED..even when I sat in the bath with her.. and gave her toys!)
About 1 1/2-2 hours later, her temp was dropping, thankfully..so I got her back to bed at about 3:30am..
Then I went to do dishes (long story.. LOL)
This morning she slept until 1:30 in the afternoon.. latest yet. I KNEW she needed to see the Dr. so I got an appointment for 2:45.
My best friend drove us there and we got lost..got there 10 mins late, then had to wait a good 20+ minutes in the room..alone.. staring at puzzles and books that Ashlynn wanted nothing to do with.
I didn't check her temp, but I hadn't given her any meds since 2am and she was warm.. Probably 100-101..
She cried whenever I sat down (holding her, mind you) so I paced around the room..
Doctor came in, checked Ashlynn's breathing.. Commented on the stuffy nose and how hard it must be for Ashlynn to breathe with such a stuffy nose, then checked her ears.
"Yup..this one's sore!"
The other ear..
"This one too!"
Double ear infection!!!
This was my first guess..an ear infection. I didn't expect double, but I can't say it wasn't in the back of my head.
I'm thrilled that it's something we can easily treat with meds.
And, thankfully, she doesn't HATE the medication. Not a fan, but she doesn't hate them like she does the Up&Up brand of acetaminophen. She hates that with a passion. (Loves CVS brand though..)
I wish I had brought her before.. I'm sure they could have caught it on Tuesday, when she started with the sleepiness and weird poop. But I didn't know at the time, and didn't think TOO much of it.
Her fever was a low-grade today, nothing major..
And tonight I gave her ibuprofen at 11:30pm or so, just to keep the fever at bay..and guess what!
I checked her when she started to fuss about 10min ago (it's currently 1:53 am) and she has NO fever! NOTHING!
She's actually quite cool!!!
Poor girl has achy ears though.. she started tugging them for the first time today.. A lot.
Wish her a quick healing!

And HAPPY NEW YEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment