Friday, November 5, 2010

Your Baby is So Happy!

I hear "Aww you have such a happy baby" whenever I go out.
I always wonder WHY strangers feel the need to tell me my baby is happy.
Of course she is! She's fed, her diaper is clean, and she naps..
Then I wonder..
Are they in awe that my baby doesn't scream whenever I'm out?
Why do other babies scream and shriek? Have I really been given a "Good" baby?
Now don't get me wrong, she does fuss sometimes when we are out of the house, but generally she's the worst at home. Either her aunties aren't giving her enough attention, or she's bored, or she wants to eat the dog food and I said no.
No is a terrible word in her world.
When we are out, she's the picture of "perfect".
She smiles at everyone, flirts with the stranger sitting 2 tables away who keeps waving at her..she even blew a kiss to an elderly woman today when we were out to breakfast! I don't think I've ever seen her blow kisses, but this lovely lady was blowing her kisses, so she gave one back.
She does harass nearby people with happy screams, and what I like to call "Baby Profanity" (That "Ahhhhhnananobada..DA! DAAAAAHH!!!" screech she does in an angry tone) but she doesn't cry. Doesn't wail like a wounded puppy at the drop of a pin.. If she's tired, she falls asleep in her stroller. She tosses toys out of her stroller for instant entertainment. Mommy will, for sure, pick it up and hand it back.
But I wonder..
Why do other babies cry? Are they generally good, but the second the stranger hears them cry, they are labeled "Fussy Baby"?
Do they not like going out?

I'm sure I'll figure it out with the next baby. In ten years.
I have no plans on having another until I'm financially stable.
Husband or not, In 10 years I want another. Marriage isn't too important to me, to be honest (does that make me a bad mama?)
Now don't get me wrong, I won't sleep around or find a "Donor" by myself to have my child.
If I decide to have another without a husband, I'll find a REAL Donor, through an agency.
After all, If I can balance being a single, teen, student mama so well, I have confidence that I can do it as a late-20's single working mama. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Linda from JM! I'm often the one who tells people 'what a GOOD baby!' because they seem relaxed and happy. As you may know from my posts, my son has screamed for the past 2 years and I'm still waiting for the 'colic' to stop :) He's an extreme case though and sadly on the verge of getting a Sensory Processing Disorder diagnosis (hopefully not, but probably). After having Hazel (the good baby people comment about), I realized my first wasn't the norm. She's by no means 'easy' and cries just as much a typical baby, but to me she's super easy. It seems Ashlynn is even happier/easier! I have nothing to add except enjoy your happy baby!!

    ReplyDelete